This first aid course is aimed at anyone who has volunteered or been nominated by their employer to fulfil the statutory duty of care as laid down by the Health and Safety Executive (First Aid Regulations 1981).
Or anyone who wishes to take their first aid skills to a more advanced level. This course is ofqual regulated and you will receive a certificate and a first aid book.
Course duration 3 days (18 hours)
Topics covered in this course include:
- Aims and Principles of first aid
- Incident management/ emergency planning
- Treatment of unconsciousness
- Airway and breathing problems
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Burns and poisons
- Serious injuries
- Serious medical conditions
- Prevention of cross infection
- Universal precautions and legal requirements
- Casualty transportation